Sunday, April 19, 2009

Boys & Their Toys


Last year for Griffen's 8th birthday, his dad gave him his first BB/Pellet gun. In the months following, the gun really didn't make much of an appearance (much to my delight) but in the last few weeks with the warmer weather trying to emerge, the gun has been a bit more visible than I care for. The talk around the house recently has been about shooting the annoying neighbor's cat, who uses our flower beds & my garden boxes as a liter box, the birds & possibly the yapping dog that lives behind us, who as John says makes us prisoner in our own house. Everytime we go in the backyard or on our deck that thing starts barking. Now I'm off track. Yesterday after returning home from a 5k run I did for Second Chance Organ Donation, the boys were all hyped up about going to the mountains to shoot the gun. I had no problem with it, but asked that they not shoot any animals. I also thought it a great father/son outing & stayed behind.

As you can see buy Dallin chugging his pop that cans were used as target practice.

John said Davis hit the can everytime from this position.


Dallin is all business.

The boys had a blast & are already asking when they can go again.


I can't finish this post without a cute picture of Maggie, who is still doing fabulous for a puppy. So far the only major indescretion has been her caught chewing on John's golf bag.

3 comments:

Brynne said...

Seriously, posting before 7am on a Sunday? Go back to bed Klair--it's the weekend!

Cute pics! Looks like they love it. You'd think with our husband's jobs that they would be more cautious of their childrens' toys, but it seems the opposite--guns, knives...guess we gotta just learn to accept it (and turn a blind eye to it)!

How did the race go? Email me!

Lindsey Smith said...

those boys are studs. ANd that one descretion seems pretty hefty!
riley

Lindy Phippen Smith said...

I have cute nephews... that's all there is to it!