Saturday, April 19, 2008

Trying To Catch-Up

Ok, so I haven't been the greatest at this, but I'm vowing to do better......at least weekly.


We recently had Spring Break, so John & the boys travelled to LaGrande to visit his parents. The boys had a great time & got to play with their cousins, go to the park, bowl with Grandpa Gene & eat Grandma's delicious homemade rolls & cinnamon rolls. What lucky boys.....I am still jealous. They left on Sunday & drove as far as Boise where they stayed in a hotel & swam in the pool. After swimming hard dad took them to Chuck A Rama (yuck) which they loved & stuffed themselves, well all but Dallin who got sick. They also had a room without a working air conditioner & it was in the 80s that day. Poor John. On Monday, I beat them home from my mom's house & was so excited to see them. Of course I only received a quick hug before they were out the door to play with their friends......it's ok, I know they still love me.


My mom has spent the week with us while I continue to recover from surgery. I think I'm doing great & I think mom has had a great time, being in charge of her 31 year old daughter again....actually I don't think that is much of a change from the norm. Just kidding mom. Anyway, it's been a good week & I love being back in my own house, with my own stuff, my kids & John. On Wednesday, mom travelled back down to Layton to pick up Baby Jack & bring him back up here to spend a few days with us while Lindsey & Riley are working. The boys love to play with him & I think it is safe to say he has gotten plenty of attention while staying with us. Mom & Jack will go back to Layton later today & we will miss them.


Now for the the BIG news. On Thursday, John went & got new bikes for all three boys. They were sooooooooo very excited & immediately took off. The only problem was the training wheels on the two bikes, didn't come close to the ground, so if they leaned to far over they would crash. John was going to fix them, but that is how Griff learned to ride his bike, so they were left as is & he told the boys to just keep trying. Well all was fine the rest of the day, but Friday morning when they wanted to go out & ride, both boys were really frustrated. So, Grandma took the training wheels off their little old bikes, took them to down to the sidewalk, gave them a push & they took off riding. It was amazing! They just did it with out any running behind or crashing & went all the way around the circle. I was a proud parent & we immediately got on the phone to call & tell John. They have been riding almost non-stop ever since & were fed, dressed & out the door this morning before 9:00. Those two can't wait for John to get home from work tomorrow because now they want the training wheel off of their new bigger bikes......this is where it could get scary.

3 comments:

The Garners said...

Wow! Patrick took Will's training wheels off last week. About 5 minutes into their little expedition...I heard a very large cry from the backyard. (We have an Elementry School playground in our backyard) Will and dad had made it back there...where they proceeded to fight about trying to ride the bike. Will tried once, wimped, started to cry, then dad threatened to send the bike to a boy who would ride it. I went inside, to avoid the festival of tears.

I'm pretty much cursed with a wimpy son. But he's ultra polite, and snuggly, so it's probably a fair trade. But may possibly be a problem in his future ventures into masculinity!

Lindsey Smith said...

How dang cute. They are getting so big, they are riding big boy bikes already. I hope that all was well with Jack staying with yall for the weekend, thanks!

Tris said...

Is Kamree going to be "behind" in life if she doesn't even own a bike? I swear I didn't get a bike until I was like eight. I guess it is something we had better think about for the next B-day. I guess she can always ride up and down the dirt lane in front of our house right? We live in such a lovely area.

The pictures of the boys in their helmets are so cute! Did they get the training wheels off their big bikes? Any wrecks yet? I hope not.