Sunday, May 18, 2008

Indiana Jones



Last week John DVR'd two of the Indiana Jones movies because he thought the boys would like them. John, not me. I thought they were a bit much for their age. Anyway, they watched & loved them & watched them some more. There hasn't been any nightmares or any negative reactions because of them viewing these movies. However, I now have in my home three miniature Indiana Jones wanna-be's. They have great imaginations when it comes to this & for example I'd like to use an incident that happened today. As I was back in my closet hanging up some clean clothes Davis starts yelling for me to come help Dallin. I go walking out in the kitchen & he says to hurry, Dallin's shorts are ripped. Huh? I go in Griff's room & Dallin is barely touching the floor while a bungee chord in hooked on his very ripped pants while the other end is hooked on the top clothes rod in the closet. I had to lift Dallin up & try to undue the chord hook at the same time to free him. Dallin is now minus a pair of shorts. No, I didn't even ask what they were doing because the possibilities right now are endless. I just took away the chords & told them they were not to play with.....ever. Davis' reply was, "but we need them for our whips". Whips? Yes, if you remember Dr. Jones carries a whip with him & uses it for many different life-saving, & heroic events throughout all his movies. I now live in constant suspense of what will happen next. Please send you prayers.




Not much new here at the house. Griff will be out of school in two weeks for the summer & we only have two soccer games left. Davis & Dallin's last day of pre-school is this week, although they will continue to go to Susan's while I am at work. I made it to my six week post-surgery, anniversary & am now officially back among the land of the living & working my way back to a fully functioning life. I did some weeding yesterday & helped John clean out the garage. It was nice to be tired from actually doing something. John was released last week from the Young Men & put in as a Sunday School teacher for the 15 year olds. I think he has been with the Young Men for four years now.




The sun still rises in the East & sets in the West at the Fullmer House.

8 comments:

Hayley said...

Hey, How fun to hear from you! Your boys are awfully cute. Thanks for checking in on us and for the prayers. Trav and I both appreciate them.

If you would like an invite to our blog comment me your e-mail address.

The Garners said...

Oooo, I'm avoiding Indy like the plague! I already have a little super hero/Mutant Ninja Turtle...I don't need a man with a whip! Cute New Blog! (and don't be making comments about mine changing a lot!!)

Oh, and Griff's got a little Riley look goin' on in that picture. (all your boys are totally adorable)

PS I fixed your blog link...I hadn't even checked to see if they worked yet!

The Garners said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trisha said...

The kids haven't seen any Indiana Jones movies yet. Although we did just borrow one from Christine. I'm sure the whip will follow shortly, but I can't see Conner hanging from the closet rod. Good luck with that one!!!

Tris said...

Indiana Jones times three at your house. Good luck with that. I wish you could have got a photo of Dallin dangling from the closet. The image in head is pretty funny though!

Lindsey Smith said...

What a cute blog. I love that your boys are so BOYS. What cute little mutts. I can't wait till jack is running around thinking that he is the real indiana jones. Love ya and we are going to try to come up this weekend so we will call you if we do. Good to hear tthat you are back to the land of the living.Love ya!

Megan and Jon said...

OH my I wouldn't even know what to do with a boy. Be careful over there. I hate to admit that I have never even seen Indiana Jones but better watch it now so I can forwarn you of what is going to happen at your home next.

Be safe

Brandon and Lori said...

So I typed in your blog address I forgot the 5 on the end. At the top of the page it said "Building and forever family" and not to be rude I thought "what the ?" this sounds nothing like Klair. So I went on to reading and the lady was talking about all the fun neighbors and how they all got together to do crafts while the children played. Again I thought "what the ?" it made me a little sad to not be invided. Then I realized it was not your blog but another. fhuuu! I don't think I have to worry about my children being Indiana Jones, Jack to scared to watch them, but it sounds like fun with the whips and all. I'm sure you could find a better one for them, maybe that one under your bed?