Thursday, June 12, 2008

The Sun'll Come Out......Never

Who could have imagined such a thing? Snow on June 11th? Welcome to Cache Valley & don't forget to cover your flowers & veggies! The kids & I are tired of being trapped inside & who wouldn't be after months of snow & being trapped inside? We now know how Aunt Jan, Uncle Dana & the kid feel living in Vancouver. I suppose the "Pollyanna" thing to do would be to play "The Glad Game" & say something like at least the mountains are really green & pretty, but I'd rather be ornery old Mrs. Snow & tell Pollyanna to go take a hike!


Griff is out of school & finished with piano for the summer. He is going twice a week (with cousin Jaxon) over to the school for the annual Fun & Fitness Camp. I'm sure we'll be venturing into swim lessons as we do every summer, but that will have to wait until it is warm enough to swim. Davis & Dallin started T-Ball last week & that proved once again how different the two of them are. Davis hit the ball, but refuses to run the bases. At last nights game after batting he picked up his glove & went to play in the field with the other team. No amount of explaining could bring him back. Dallin is all for it. He has asked daily since the first game when his next one would be. He hits the ball & loves to run the bases.
As you can see they both like to wear their hats low.








On Monday we hit the good ole Lagoon. We headed down in time to arrive promptly at opening with the Harris Family. The kids were super excited & the parents were.......well John was excited too. We hit a couple of the smaller rides to introduce Davis & Dallin to the joy & then moved up. To prepare them for bigger & better we hit the "Log Ride". They loved it, so it was on to "Rattlesnake Rapids" or Rattlesnake Rabbits as Davis calls it (it is to cute to correct him). Shelly & I opted to wait this one out & stay with Brynlee, so the dads took all the kids while Shell & I stayed dry. Later while the dads took the older kids on some bigger rides the best moms ever, let the boys play in the water fountains. There is a possibility that Davis was in Heaven. The three boys got soaked, but is was fun watching them. Lagoon wouldn't be any fun for John without playing any games. So, after spending what a family of 10 in Asia could live on for a year the kids were stocked with an arm load of stuffed animals we didn't need. Lucky for me we called it quits & said our goodbyes to Lagoon for another year. Ok, I'll admit we all had a really good time & even though I felt we were there a few hours to long, it was still a fun day.

John, Dallin, Griffen, Davis, Livvy, Addison, Jaden & Scott after Rattlesnake Rapids.


Left: Shelly, Griff, Jaden, Livvy & Addison on the Dinosaur Drop (Dallin is on the other side of Shelly). Davis wasn't interested in this ride at all!

Below: Dallin getting soaked in the fountains.




















After feeding ourselves at The Training Table in Layton we did a surprise stop, for a quick visit with my parents. The kids were so excited to go ring the doorbell & hear grandma scream when she opened the door. They then had to show them all their new prizes & tell about the rides. And if the boys weren't already dead tired my dad made sure they would be in a coma shortly after leaving their house by chasing them around the yard & "kicking their trash". Dallin did a nice "guilt trip" when it was time to go, he hid in the house & started to cry telling grandma he didn't want to go home. If that isn't a sign they need to move back.........


Hopefully the weather will get better & if it does the boys & I will be heading to Bear Lake for a highly anticipated weekend! They have been asking endlessly since the snow melted when we can go & I'm just as anxious to visit our beloved lake.

10 comments:

The Garners said...

Snow?? Seriously? It was cold here, but not THAT cold! Add that to the reasons why we will not ever be living in Cache Valley. (After because you live there, of course! Just kidding!!)

Gotta love the annual trip to Lagoon! And how lucky to go with a game player! I always wanted to walk around with a stuffed animal. I thought it made you look talented, and loved. Why can't I just love myself and not need tip the bottle to prove it to others??

The T-Ball story is priceless...and typical!! At Will's game one kid ran to the pitchers mound after he hit, and then when everyone yelled at him to run to first, he got so confused, he sat down and cried! (And don't say, "must have been Will," cause it wasn't. Man, you're a smart-alek!)

Tris said...

Well, well, well a new post huh? Just what I like to see! Even I am doing better at keeping up lately. However, I don't get anything else done around here so I shouldn't be too proud.

I loved the pictures of the boys playing T-ball. They are so cute with their hats pulled down over their eyes. And I got a good laugh out of him trying to play in the outfield with the other team.

Lagoon sounds fun! I can't believe you sat out on the Rattlesnake Rapids. That was our favorite ride last year. Kamree laughed sooooo hard and yes we got soaked, but it was worth it.
I guess I will never understand the game addiction. Avery has the same problem. And aren't the prizes kind of cheesy? The stuffed animals aren't even plush. They are filled with rocks or something.

Megan and Jon said...

THERES ONLY ONE LAGOON, THERES ONLY ONE ONE ONE ONEEEEEEEEEE LAGOON.

I'm glad you updated I was starting to feel stockerish check all the time to see if Indiana Jones moved. Your boys are adorable. I giggled and giggled about him just wanting to field while Griff is happy as can be batting. SO funny how kids are born with thier own personality.

Trisha said...

It's nice to see a post. It is quite disappointing when I check every day and there is nothing new. Summertime is not an excuse for not blogging!! Just kidding. Did you plant your garden in your awesome boxes? I will have to come and see them. Conner's t-ball games sound just like Davis and Dallin's. One of the funniest things is when the kids just throw the ball at the other players instead of trying to tag them. Glad you had fun at Lagoon.

Brandon and Lori said...

THE BLOG WILL CHANGE.....NEVER

Brandon and Lori said...

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER!

Lindsey Smith said...

Seriouly, and you know how i said that in my head. I need to see more pics from oregon. love ya, Thanks for masons number

Heather said...

Hey long lost friend. I was blog surfing and came across your blog. How fun. I can't believe how big your boys are getting. I miss having you at the kids klub and playing with your boys. You need to update your blog so I know whats going on in your life. Well, I was happy to find your blog it was fun to see.

Megan and Jon said...

Do you realize the sun has been out forever and is about to go away because you last posted in JUNE.. June I tell you.. You better start talking.

Angie said...

once again, seriously? You know that this post is sooooooooooooooooooooooooo old. TIme for a new one my friend. Please!