Friday, January 9, 2009

They're Five!!!!


On January 5th Davis & Dallin turned 5 & I cannot believe how fast the last 5 years have gone. Most of the first few are still a blur, but life with twins gets easier & for that John & I are thankful! The boys decided they wanted to have a party this year & as nervous as I was about the whole thing I think it turned out pretty good. I mean 5 extra boys in the house really isn’t a lot different than how things usually go around here on a daily basis. Two weeks ago we had 9 boys here at one time, so the difference with the party was mostly the cupcakes.
For the party the usual neighborhood gang was present, Jaden, Aydan & Dylan. As well as Ty & Connor their pre-school buddies. We played a couple games where the kids could all win prizes. Mostly noisy toys that we could send home with them & torture their parents. We had cupcakes, opened presents & let them run wild until it was time to go. The kids had a great time.

Davis & Dallin are both infatuated with “getting bigger”. Dallin asked John why he wasn’t as tall as Jaden (neighbor buddy) now that he was five. Jaden was right there & he answered before John with, “because I’m almost six, but you’re getting close”. The morning of their birthday & after many attempts to get both of them out of their jammies, Dallin asked how many minutes until it was his birthday so he could be bigger. I told him all day was his birthday. He said, “so right now is my birthday?”. They need to know things in terms of minutes by holding up their fingers. They think 20 minutes is longer than 1 hour. I tell them what the numbers on the stove need to say before they can play with friends or if we are going somewhere. They do days, by asking how many sleeps until this or that. And without fail when they are tucked into bed both ask, “what is after this sleep?” How they come up with this stuff cracks me up. For Christmas they got binoculars that came with a small pocketknife. After hearing what happened with our friends The Davies’ son, Spencer & his first pocketknife incident, John told Davis & Dallin that when they got a little older they could have them. I knew this would happen when he bought them, but he felt they would forget about them once he had them hidden. Without fail Davis asked to have his because he was five now. John gets to deal with this one……I’m out of it.

I can't imagine life without these two & they always keep us going. They adore Griffen & want to be everywhere he is, especially Dallin. Those two are exactly alike, they could have been twins. They love going to pre-school & Dallin is in a speech class over at the Elementary School & he likes going to "Griffy's school". Davis is turning into our little artist & loves to draw. For Christmas John & I almost bought him his own ream of paper, because he goes through ours so fast. This fall they will start Kindegarten & it just seems so weird that they aren't our little curly-haired, binky boys anymore.

Here are a few pics of the boys through the last five years:












Bring on the next 5!

12 comments:

Brynne said...

Very cute Klair! Fun walk down memory lane with the boys. I can not believe they are already five. I remember when you were preg-o with them! Glad you survived the party. It's funny we get stressed about things like that, when like you said, it's not unusual to have a house full of kids on any given day! I think it's just the expectation of having a great party. Glad your's was! I've got to get my plannin' hat on for Livvy's first bash! She turns 4 in a couple weeks and thinks she needs a party. I may be calling you for game ideas.... :)

Dell & Becky said...

How are you Klair!?! It was so fun to see you post on my blog . . . and I TOTALLY remember you. I have your email address in my hotmail contact list and thought about sending you something awhile ago and then thought, maybe she won't have a clue who I am! That's too funny. I remembered that you had twins. I didn't know they were born on such a great day! :)

Crazy that you know Brynne. What a small world we live in. Are you still at ICON?

Your boys are the cutest ever - I can't even imagine how crazy things are for you with three energized boys! You look great and it was so fun to read about your happenings!

The Garners said...

Did you REALLY update this blog?? Is the millenium nigh? I better start preparing!

I cannot believe you handle twins. It will make you my hero forever. Just the thought makes me want to vomit a tiny bit. I'm in awe!

They could not look more "Smith." I'm sure they have their daddy's looks somewhere...but I don't know where. They are DEFINITELY yours!

KarKar said...

I miss their curls!!!! I don't know if it is more exciting that they are 5 or that you updated the Fam blog!!!!

K

Brandon and Lori said...

Yea thanks a lot for all those noisy toys! Ike loves the woopy cusion and I like it cause I don't have to blow it up.

Congrates on updating your family blog it's a big step for you.

Megan and Jon said...

Suppose I comment once a week. On this same post until you post again. How many hundreds will there be.. LETS SEE..

I remember we went to Vegas and these to were getting potty trained. Was it that long ago. THey are so cute with thier to die for curly hair.

Heather said...

It is about time you updated the blog, though I know I can't say anything.That was so cute and fun to read. The pictures were so cute. I miss those boys and you at the kids klub. I'm glad I get to occasionally see them when they come with friends though.

Lindsey Smith said...

I loved all the pics. I can't believe that once upon a time they were just babies. And they were such cute babies, aby ne I'll have some cute one after all. Oh and by the way, WOW YOU UPDATED YOU BLOG!!!!! I thought that you decided that you were to good for our blogging world. Glad to see your back on board.

Lindsey Smith said...

What is this "Klair" blog that i can't get into. You posted on Karlies and and I tried to get on and I had no such success, hello?

Cynthia & Blair said...

I loved seeing the pictures of the boys throughout the years. Brings back some fun memories. They have grown to be quite the little men. I love seeing Griffy quite often at school. Hopefully, I'll get to see the twins in the years to come. Can't believe it's been that long since they were born. Time flies! Love you guys a lot!
Cynthia (OLD babysitter)

Megan and Jon said...

OH hi, I thought I had your email but don't. Email me so I can invite you.
NVFI@aol.com


P.S. Just a happy little side note after the torturous run. On the way home Jon said. KLAIRE looks good.. YEAHOOOO... You look great.

Lindy Phippen Smith said...

Um....K I think you need to start blogging more because I finally have a blog, which is a miracle! Who's with me?